Successful Germination Instructions
Germinating lucerne tree seeds need not be the case of trail and error!
Only start the germination process when you are ready to plant your seeds into trays or bags. Only use COARSE RIVER SAND.
- Take + 100 – 200 seeds and soak them in a bowl filled with hot tap water to soak overnight.
- Plant them the next day into a cardboard box approximately 30cm deep filled with coarse river sand. The cardboard box must have holes for drainage
- Use a stick & make rows roughly 5mm (0.5cm) deep and place the seeds in these rows & cover with straw or sawdust.
- Place the straw on top to keep the soil moist for prolonged periods. Water lightly & do not to let the soil dry out.
- The seeds could germinate within a few days, but usually within 10 days they break the earth with living power and showcase two delightful little leaves.
- Wait till the trees are at least 20cm tall before planting them out in your lands.
The Life is always in the Seed.
Download these germination instructions ~ Germination Instructions
© lucernetreefarm.wordpress.com 2012